Sunday, 4 November 2012

Sketch Time

Morning everyone what a wet dull day here in Kent, It really is bad out,
so lots of craft and Harry Potter number 5, Poppie has never seen them so we got the full set on Blue Rae We have had one on nearly every other day, over the last week, I thought they were a bit to heavy for her but she is really enjoying them,
anyway on with my card, A dt one today for stamptacular

it's sketch time


Now when you see my card you will see I always struggle a little with sketches, I lay it all out, sort my papers glue it all down and then realise my picture is a bit to big and you can't see the sketch behind !! (blush)


I tried paper piecing on this image, I was quite pleased, I'm never sure how to make presents look good with a pattern when i'm colouring, so now ive found an answer, for all those who don't know how to do this I printed and coloured the image onto white, then printed the image onto the green patterned paper,(nitwits collection) cut out the present only and glued it onto my white one, then printed it onto red paper and cut out only the ribbon and bow, then glued this on top of the patterned present, hope that makes sense, hey presto a patterned paper present.


He is so cheeky looking :)
I love all the glitter around his santa coat, it really comes out well in this photo,


My challenges are:

the crafty pad - anything goes
dream valley - glitter and bling
send a smile 4kids - christmas cards for kids

Happy Sunday Thank you for looking




11 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! Very smart with the present, have to remember that. Love the simplicity of the card and the layout.

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this fortnight at Dream Valley.
    Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

    Mian
    Dream Valley Design Team Member
    http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card,love the image,he does look a bit cheeky. Thank you for joining the Dream Valley Challenge this fortnight. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great paper piecing & you can still see the sketch okay! Such a cute image! Thanks for playing in the Anything Goes Challenge at The Crafty Pad this week!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the sketch, Suzanne! :^) Love the image, coloring, your paper-piecing, the added sparkle, and the papers you used! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello,
    Very cute christmas card. I love image. Thank for joining us to Dream Valley challenges.
    hugs!
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving the glitter - supercute card - thanks for joining us at the crafty pad and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect take on the sketch! Your card looks adorable! Lovely to see you playing along with us @ The Crafty Pad this week :) P.S. I have Santa’s Candy on my blog !

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a gorgeous image and coloured beautifully. Love the layout also. Thank you for sharing this with us at Dream Valley. Good luck. Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a lovely card!
    thank you for joining in the challenge at the crafty pad this week
    hugs
    Debbi x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, thanks for visiting my blog and your comment.
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete