Thursday, 1 November 2012

Distress Markers

Hi everyone, I have tried my hand at Distress Markers this week and I must say I am now totally hooked, they are brilliant, like all the professional mediums for colouring they take a bit of getting used to, but then when you have the hang of how much to use, layering and blending, they are a wow!!

This is my first three attempts



I have used a good quality water colour paper  
You do have to be careful with the amount of water you use on your brush, if you overload it you get a bit of a bleed problem, or as my 7 year likes to say, 'Mummy you coloured over the lines' :)


I love the sand effect i created on the Edwin one, I should have taken notes on which colours I used, I need to be more organised, I actually only intended to colour the Tilda with the flower, this was my first one, but i got a bit carried away and carried on to do the other two.



I hope to do a tutorial when I have some time,
Thank you for looking


4 comments:

  1. Fabulous Suzanne. May have to check these out at the NEC.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy WOW! These are fantastic, you definitely have the hang of colouring with Distress ink girl! Stunning!

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Wow! You definitely got colouring with Distress Ink down pat girl! Absolutely stunning!

    Minnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you are just as talented with the Distress inks as you are with the Copics! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete